• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

There is hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I don't know where this belongs so if any mod wants to change it's location that's fine. Where to begin...........The reason why I write this is to give hope to those who feel as if life is at an end. I believe I have just come out of a serious rough 4 - 6 years. I am 24 now. Some of it was fun in hindsight but in contrast to how I view things now it was not.

For a good while I have been abusing myself with various addictions. The first one was smoking, then it was gambling (the closest thing that brought me to suicide), then it was drinking and then it was pills. However I decided to turn things around at the start of this year. I began eating healthier which has now seen me lose 13 kilos and changing my focus and shifting my energy on to positive things. May I say one thing your addiction speaks for what you are capable of doing. For those out there think about how far you've gone for your addictions, now think about how far this would go if you just shifted it to something positive like work, saving cash etc. You would definitely be in a better position and one that means more. The past 6 months have been rough as guts and it has been hard to deal with in some respects....I base this respectively due to associating fun to certain things, i.e drinking etc. Many times I thought about going back however every time I tried it just wasn't the same. There is no guessing which path made more sense to go with. The problem which has been the greatest is learning to live with these mistakes, they can't be taken back however they can be used to be marked as obstacles in life which you now know you should avoid.

In repairing yourself you will gain great confidence once again and learn to appreciate what abilities you have. However this ultimately lies in your hands. I had people telling me for years to make changes and I always tried to but the addiction spoke louder. If you can make the changes yourself without assistance you will then learn and know that you are in charge of your own destiny until then your addiction takes responsibility for you. The sadest thing out of this all is people who you once assumed were friends of x amount of years were anything but. A true friend would never wish you harm such as to drink more or take more coke etc. These people are nothing more then drinking companions etc. It's quite sad how easily we can be misled at times and sometimes even for years.

Sorry for blabbering on but felt a need to say something, all the best everyone.

I don't believe in hope, or fixing yourself or anything like that. Just doesn't make sense when I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.